Ironman II


Copyright © 2009 Marvel Entertainment


It's been a some time since I've shown anything related to my commercial work which is primarily concentrated on design projects pertaining to film and television. It's prohibitive to show much of what I do because of contractual agreements, but these two sketches for the Marvel property Ironman II are generic enough for publication on my blog.

For most of my visual development work I use Prismacolor pencils and blend with my finger on vellum while plucking out details with a kneaded eraser. I try to keep everything simplified and tied together using light and shadow. Everything is usually roughed out in light pencil (sometimes non-photo blue) with multiple tissue overlays and then gradually built upon developing the final tonal sketch. For this project, due to deadlines, I put in just enough detail to get the point across.

Copyright © 2009 Marvel Entertainment

No comments:

Post a Comment